You are here
FXB INDIA SURAKSHA is a non-governmental organisation dedicated to working for vulnerable children, especially those infected and affected by AIDS and Poverty. FXB India Suraksha is the India country chapter of FXB International (FXBI), a foundation based in Geneva, Switzerland and working since 1992 across the world, on poverty, HIV and children's rights. The word ‘Suraksha’ (meaning ‘security and protection’) emphasizes our commitment to provide a security net to all children and for those specially affected and infected by disease and Poverty.
In 2007, FXB India was registered as FXB India Suraksha as a non-profit company under section 25 of the Companies Act, 1956. Since 2007 FXB India Suraksha (FXBIS), adopted an integrated approach in program delivery; and currently implements projects in the areas of health, prevention of child trafficking, child labour, education, nutrition, livelihoods, HIV, water and sanitation. Today, FXBIS works in 20 pockets across 8 states and union territories and reaches out to over 200,000 people through its community based inter-sectoral programmes and interventions.
The Programme Officer is responsible for supporting the State Manager in overall management of the state office of FXBIS and/ independently manage projects implemented by providing support and supervision to the cluster of projects spread across the state or multiple states (a region). The Programme Officer will be responsible to lead project teams at the state/ regional level to ensure program are delivered with quality in accordance with established systems and procedures. The Programme Officer under the guidance of the State Manager or independently will be responsible for all operations including proposal development, resource generation, advocacy, representation of the organization at the state level and partnerships for and on behalf of FXBIS in the defined geographical location.
- Program Management
- Support the state/ region/ project to develop state/regional strategic plan under the guidance of the State Manager/ CEO/ Operations Director within the broader framework of Programme Plan and Learning Approach (PPLA) and the Theory of Change and ensure appropriate action for implementing state/ regional strategic plan within the 4 Domains for Change (D4C).
- In coordination with the State Manager or under supervision of the Strategic Management Team (SMT) members, lead the project team at the state/ regional level that includes project design, planning, advocacy, implementation of projects and M & E (Learning) efforts in coordination with donors, community and stakeholders.
- Proactively lead and design resource generation (fund raising) process for the assigned geographies with a steady contribution of 10- 20% of resource requirements on an annual incremental increase basis in a phase wise manner.
- Ensure that the local stakeholders like PRIs, project communities, parents, women, children, and youth are actively engaged in planning, implementation and monitoring of activities following the PPLA
- Make visits to project sites & communities and provides feedback for timely corrective measures
- Develop and promote transparent and accountable governance/ operation in state/ regional and partners functioning.
- Ensure effective implementation of Grant projects and timely compliance to donor requirements.
- Coordinate donor and other visits, as per organizational need and priorities
- Ensure FXBIS branding and visibility across the state and region through all FXBIS supported programs in the state/ region.
- HR & Administration
- Ensure timely Completion of Annual Performance Planning and Review of all project staff
- Ensure training and development plans for all project staffs in place and delivered.
- Ensure high performance of staffs by promoting team work, mentoring and promoting conducive work environment
- Ensure compliance to FXBIS HR, Finance and Admin Policies and procedures.
- Ensure timely capacity building of project staffs for wider understanding of issues, strategies, project planning and effective implementation leading to desired output.
- Communications including reporting
- Ensures that all reporting requirements are met and structured quality improvement efforts are taking place.
- Ensure communications appropriate to take forward the D4Cs at the state/ regional level and ensure recognition and effective policy influencing on major issues.
- Ensure periodic reporting on time and ensure all reporting compliances.
- Maintain a smooth flow of communication within the communities/partners as well as with other projects.
- Financial Management
- Support the State Manager/ CEO/ Operations Director to develop Annual Plan & Budget for the state/ regional office and projects
- Maintain financial control and monitors budgets on a monthly basis to make sure that budgets are spent according to approved annual allocation.
- Ensure effective utilization of financial resources by promoting sound financial systems and processes.
- Coordinate with the State Manager/ Finance and Accounts Officer/ FXBIS HQ to ensure periodic audit of Partner programs and follow up on audit actions.
- Networking & Advocacy
- Maintain contacts with district and State level government bodies / authorities to ensure their cooperation and convergence with program activities.
- Participate in networks to draw recognition for the organizations work and get support / compliment FXBIS presence and works towards increasing resources
- Promote goodwill and cooperation by representing FXBIS India
- Promote and participate in networks/ alliances for policy influencing
- Perform any other roles and responsibilities, as assigned by the State Manager/ CEO/ Operations Director or SMT
Term of Employment : Full-time
Reports To: Program Manager. He/ She will be a part of and work closely with the Strategic Management Team of the organization.)
Staff reporting to this post: All project staff positioned working in project/s under the state office (as instructed by the organization)
Budget responsibility: Complete project/ state budget as assigned from FXBIS HQ for the particular state and 10-20% contribution to allocated resources by raising funds at the local or other levels as guided by the supervisor.
- Post graduate degree in Social Work or relevant Social Sciences or Management
- At least 3-5 years of experience of working with child focused program\organizations design
- At least five years’ experience in program design, budgeting, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and report writing is required.
- Previous experience of independent program\project management implemented through civil society partners is required.
- Previous work experience preferred with reputed national or international NGO.
- Experience of working in diverse cultural and geographic environments is preferred
- Excellent command over English language. Knowledge of Hindi is must. Knowledge of any other regional language will be highly appreciated
- Commendable proposal development, reporting and documentation skills
Desirable Skills and Qualities:
- Expertise in Child Rights and Community Development
- Experience in Participatory Methodologies and Micro- planning
- Project Management skills
- Capacity Building, Training & facilitation skills
- Resource Mobilization skills
- Effective Networking & relationship skills
- Good functional knowledge of MS Office tools, managing spreadsheets, powerpoint and database management tools
Compensation Offered : Rs. 30,000-40,000 per month (CTC) depending on the years of experience.
Eligible candidates interested in this position are requested to apply with a cover letter that highlights their motivation to apply and suitability for the position applied, along with an updated resume, giving details of three references, to email id: firstname.lastname@example.org by or before April 05, 2017.
The last date of receiving applications will be April 05, 2017. Only short-listed candidates would be contacted.